Friday, January 2, 2015

Bunberry Blouse Review - BCL-02 & BCL-03

Happy 2015 みんなーさん^0^,

So I've been meaning to post a review of the blouses I got from Bunberry for a little while but life has been crazy. Well tonight I bit the bullet and did it (in my PJs no less!) I tossed on one of my wigs and went to work.


So about 3 or 4 weeks ago I ordered two blouses from Bunberry, a small Vietnamese Indie Brand based on Facebook. They've only been open since October, but already they have 5 blouses and soon a JSK available for purchase. The two blouses I purchased were (on the left) the Classica Blouse (Code: BCL-02) and (on the right) the Classical Blouse (Code: BCL-03).


There are set sizes and custom sizes available. Because I am plus sized and extremely busty (135cm!) I needed to order a custom size. My first piece of advice is that if you are going to get a custom size, make sure to take your current measurments, because these blouses are tailored exactly to the sizes you give. I made the mistake of not re-taking my measurments before hand so they were a bit tighter than expected (the holidays did not help this cause), but that was my fault not the company's.


Right off the bat I was very impressed with the owner's customer service and communication (not to mention how freaking cute these blouses are). In addition to that, it took less than a month from placing my order to receiving them in the mail, which really surprised me because this all took place around two major US holidays. The first thing that is most noticeable about both of these blouses is the fabric. It is extremely soft and light, but durable. The second is that they are extremely well constructed. I found no loose threads or poorly sewn buttons or beads.
 

*Quick Notes*
The actual color of the blouses is very close to the photos, but the lighting in my closet is a bit dim. In indoor lighting, they look closest to the picture of the cuff.

Before the blouses were shipped out the owner did contact me to let me know that the lace on the BCL-03 blouse did not get a chance to get washed ahead of time because their washing machine broke, as a result it looks darker.

BCL-02

Construction: 10/10
Fit: 10/10
Price: $
My Measurements: 135/115/135, Item Size: Custom

BCL-03



Construction: 10/10
Fit: 9/10
Price: $
My Measurements: 135/115/135, Item Size: Custom

Overall I will definitely be purchasing from here again. The BCL-03 was a bit more snug than the BCL-02, but not drastically so which is why I gave it a 9/10. I think next time around I will have add 2 - 3 cms to allow for more room in blouses with back lacing, but honesetly if your bust is not very large, I wouldn't worry about it. The price was reasonable (between $35 and $45 plus shipping on average) and the service was quick. All told I spent $98 including shipping and extra materials fee which got me 2 blouses and a choker. Not too bad if you ask me!


*If you like what you read, you can get updates straight to your inbox by following us here.*

No comments:

Post a Comment