My experience with Bhiner was positive for the most part. The most unique thing about this particular service is that it's not a traditional shopping service. You can effectively browse TaoBao in English, select items from multiple sellers and checkout. Shipping was very quick and reasonably priced as well.
Ordering through Bhiner is a 3 step process. First, you find the items you want, put them in your cart and submit for a quote. Next the quote is confirmed and then you pay for the item plus domestic (within China) shipping. Once the item reaches Bhiner they will invoice you for the international shipping charges and send the item out.
Positives
The thing I enjoyed most about Bhiner was that I could do direct price comparisons for several items. Something that is more difficult to do on Taobao by itself. I was also excited to find out that they have an app. I was actually able to pay for my item, track my progress, and communicate with them all from my Android device. I believe they also have an Apple app as well. In addition, their fees are extremely low compared to other shopping services.
Negatives
The most off-putting part of this process was the fact that you have to pre-load money into Bhiner before you can purchase anything off of the site. On the one hand it is great for budgeting, but more annoying if you are a few dollars short for an item. I also ran into a hiccup when trying to order an item. I placed the order, the quote was confirmed and I paid for everything. The next day I got an email saying that the seller could not make the item in my size. That should have been verified during the quote process as I gave my measurements. However, they were very nice about it and refunded my money to Paypal ($170) including the fees. They also informed me that another item could not be made in my size, but I was able to successfully order it in my size via another shopping service.
Overall I give Bhiner a 10/10 if you are shopping for small things or you don't need custom sizes. If you need a more complicated custom size, though, I would probably still stick with your shopping service.
*If you like what you read, you can get updates straight to inbox email by following us here.*
No comments:
Post a Comment